In this series, I’m discussing the phases of a project encompassing a non-trivial set of Ethereum smart contracts and the React/Redux application that communicates with them.
The project, called In-App Pro Shop, aims to help Ethereum developers easily support in-app purchases as ERC-721 Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs).
- Part 1 – Decisions
- Part 2 – Functionality
- Part 3 – Setup and Test
- Part 4 – Writing Contracts
- Part 5 – Writing Tests
- Part 6 – Bootstrapping the Client
- Part 7 – Client to Contract Communications
- Part 8 – Deployment
NOTE: While this series is now slightly out of date, the project itself and the published book are updated.
Now Available in eBook and Paperback!
Hi, I’m Cliff Hall, a published tech author and software architect with over thirty-five years of industry experience.
I recently spent nearly a year pouring all my free time into learning Solidity and implementing a my own token-based in-app purchase system, which I open-sourced and wrote an eight-part web series about.
Unfortunately, due to the constraints of writing for a web-based audience, I felt I wasn’t able to go into the level of detail I would have liked. I just hit the highlights.
So, I turned it into a book that will lead you through:
- The major decisions you’ll make choosing your tech stack
- Options for structuring your your project
- The challenges you’ll face as you build your contracts
- Testing your contracts
- Communicating with your contracts from a web app
- Sending Ether to a contract
- Deploying your contracts to a public network
And much more. In short, it’s the guide that I wish I’d had when I started out.
Purchase Building on Ethereum now, as a Kindle Ebook or in Trade Paperback (299 pages).